UK fuel allowance

Dept of SP do not specifically what effects the UK fuel Allowance would have on Irish payments. Sounds like a bit of scaremongering to me.

As it is a means tested payment in Ireland perhaps it may have an affect if one was close to the edge of the means test and push one over the edge. Just speculating!!!

I got a few numbers off the pensions to fax it, it turned out that some were telephone numbers, the email at present seems to be going as far as the pensions depart and then being returned presumably because it is out of hours. Earlier in the day, after half hour of trying the fax it eventually went through. Try fax 0044 191 2183864 it took a few tries as it sent all of the pages and then said cancelled

Did anyone get a positive outcome?

A parent applied and was ruled out because the form was received after the cut-off date.

I suppose they can reapply for next winter?

Hi,

my parents received a payment (spanning a number of years). We faxed in the application(s) and also posted them as like everybody else, time wasn't on our side..

S.

I first sent an e-mail on behalf of my Mother back on the 19th of March - they never answered the e-mail but posted out an application form with letter dated 25th March 2013.

At the end of March to try and get the application form in on time - I downloaded a form and posted it in. I did not fill out again the blank form that they posted out. My Mother still has heard nothing back.

Fuel allowence

We also had a positive result re fuel allowance but just for this past winter. What do you mean spanning a number of years Susie.

I first sent an e-mail on behalf of my Mother back on the 19th of March - they never answered the e-mail but posted out an application form with letter dated 25th March 2013.

At the end of March to try and get the application form in on time - I downloaded a form and posted it in. I did not fill out again the blank form that they posted out. My Mother still has heard nothing back.

- Mother still has heard nothing back. Anybody else have a positive result?

My wife and I received our winter fuel allowance on 5th. June. It was paid into the same account as our pensions.
Then last week we got written confirmation that it would be paid within the next 3 weeks!!

Yes my friend got a positive result and because they are both over 80 they got a higher rate.

They have since got the past winters payment

My Mother (see previous posts) got a letter this morning to say that she is not entitled to a winter Fuel Payment. So she was not able to demonstrate a genuine and sufficient link to the UK - whatever that adds up to?

Mother worked for about 2.5 years and Father about 7 years back in the 1960's in the UK. They left the UK in 1969. Mother gets a reduced pension. Just wondering if any point appealing decision or ringing them for an explanation.

Last edited:
Just a reminder to those who missed the deadline for last years UK winter fuel allowance that the forms for winter 2013/2014 are now available and application must be made before March 2014

Do we have to apply every year? We applied last year and got the allowance. I thought it would come automatically from then on.

My understanding is that if you have got it before and are getting the UK state pension then it automatically comes.

If you got it last year and still have a UK pension, then it continues on.

My reminder was for those who missed the deadline last year.

Also a reminder of the "Past winters" allowance for those aged 76 and over

Back