UK Bankruptcy - Car being sold by OR

Hi there all, I am in a predicament, they are looking to put an IPA in place on my bankruptcy, I actually have no surplus cash..Is there anything I am missing out with. I earn only £1300 a month and £440 goes on rent. I am a single man and the electric and gas is included in the rent etc?? I am so worried I dont know what to do please help!!!

You've posted this three times and now I'm advising you. Please take a deep breath and calm down. We have it under control

Steve

We wrote up a letter detailing everything. We went to a number of car dealers and got valuations, all of which were lower than the receivers agents valuation.

I mentioned the likes of loosing out on insurance, tax and also that it would be difficult to find another car for 1k that is safe and reliable. I also stated at how much of a loss we would be without a car in between our current one being lifted and finding another suitable one. My wife recently lost her job and is looking for a new one so needs a car to travel to interviews as they are outside of the city where we are living.

He told us he need to speak with the Assistant Receiver and get him to make the decision. After a week he finally came back and he is insistent that they go with their valuation agents amount as they use them all the time and have to trust the valuation they provide.

I had already questioned the fact that their own agents might have a personal interest in getting the car as they will sell at auction.

I was very respectable but very open and honest throughout.

Does anyone have any advice on what we can do for now.

We would have to pay £1,900 in order to keep the car at present valuation and this means asking family. They have said they can help us and would like too but there really is no way they can afford £1,900.

If the car is worth 2900 and you jointly own it with your wife - could you not argue that your half is valued at £1450 and your wife's is valued at £1450? After all, you both went bankrupt separately?

Back