UFH zones

Charlie 07

I have UFH and two rooms/zones are mixed up. Do I need an electrician or a plumber to solve this?
Also, can two UFH zones be joined up? I have two bedrooms and want to put them on the one zone?!

Cheers

If there is a thermostat in each room the wiring can be changed at the mainfold . I suggest you figure out which valves are currently mixed up & which ones you want them changed to before the electrician arrives, it may be a simple as change the valves over or the wiring may need to be changed over

I have UFH and two rooms/zones are mixed up. Do I need an electrician or a plumber to solve this?

No you do not require anyone to resolve this. Pretty simple to do. Turn off one of the room stats, check the manifold and you will see one of the actuators will have the centre rising up. That will be the corresponding actuator to that room stat. If it is in the wrong place, unclick it from the manifold and put it back in the position.

Also, can two UFH zones be joined up? I have two bedrooms and want to put them on the one zone?!

This may be a little more complicated as it will have to done through the control centre. This is where all the wiring from the thermostats return to and then the signals are sent from here to the actuators on the manifold. Basically, what you are trying to achieve is to have one thermostat controlling two actuactors. This can be done, but it will depend on the the system you have. Most should allow this.

Back