UB, no letter, but new rate

BlueSky

Hi, I wonder has anybody else had the same situation today. I noticed my mortgage repayment was down by €41 this morning. It's nothing like the kind of reduction I was expecting with a reversion to tracker rate, so I phoned UB house mortgages to enquire. Happy news is that my tracker rate has finally been restored although I haven't had a letter about this. I'm also happy that they've returned us to the tracker rate we had been on, and not a higher tracker rate which they offered us back in 2015.

I really hope some others among you have had good news too this morning.

Now I'm off to try to calculate how come, when the rate used to increase by 0.1%, my mortgage repayment would increase by €10 ... But when my rate drops from 4.1% to 0.75%, my repayments only drop by €40!

Congratulations. Did they tell you if you were restored to the original Tracker rate?

Now I'm off to try to calculate how come, when the rate used to increase by 0.1%, my mortgage repayment would increase by €10 ... But when my rate drops from 4.1% to 0.75%, my repayments only drop by €40!

I suspect that they have only implemented the reduction for a part of the month.

It wouldn't necessarily fall by the same amount as it rose in the past, but there shouldn't be a discrepancy of that amount.

Brendan

That's great news BlueSky. It gives hope to everyone who still hasn't heard anything back. Well done

Congrats Bluesky on being back on tracker. I got my letter on Thursday and was told my gross repayment amount (not including TRS) was 213 less than normal, however the amount deducted from my account this morning is only showing a reduction of €93. Rang UB and they are investigating it.
I`m thinking it could be that the TRS amount I`m entitled to has dropped. My monthly TRS upto Jan 17 was always €150. If it is TRS causing the difference then it has dropped from €150 to €30 per month. Seems like a drastic drop in TRS?

@notabene . I dont see a seperate transaction for trs. The trs amount is deducted by UB and the net figure is then deebited from my accout.
In response to Brendans comment earlier. My letter stated my new tracker rate was effective from 1st January so wouldnt appear that its due to rate being changed mid month

@Ganga29 - ok, mine has trs coming into my account about 24 hours before mortgage goes out and then full amount goes out so done a little differently

Got my letter this morning :) finally getting somewhere after years of effort!!
Delighted to see that some others also back on tracker now this month!
Regarding the calculations, thanks for the various suggestions; I think my particular situation is a mixture of the above. The trs has dropped, and also we are only 4 yrs away from finishing paying off this mortgage (still have the second part of our mortgage to go after that though!). We had pumped every cent we had into this svr mortgage to reduce outgoings and also the term. I hope all of that will be reconfigured now to get us back to where we were 6.5 yrs ago.
Thanks to everyone on this board for all the support and information about this issue. It's been invaluable. I hope all UBers are back on tracker now. First step.

We had pumped every cent we had into this svr mortgage to reduce outgoings and also the term. I hope all of that will be reconfigured now to get us back to where we were 6.5 yrs ago.

This is a very important point. You should tell the Central Bank that they should insist on this. I have been told by the banks generally that "No one was forced to make an early repayment or overpayment. They did it voluntarily". Most wouldn't have done so if they had cheap trackers.

Brendan

Wholeheartedly agree Brendan, particularly as itwould have looked the only option for quite a number of years

Hi all
The position adapted by the banks is as expected and no one should be surprised but the requirement of the investigation by the Central Bank is
"...Redress is to put you back in the position you would have been in, had the failure no occurred."
That will include not only adjustment of the account from an underpaid position but also an overpaid position but some of these matters will likely have to be an appeal matter. Hope this helps Padraic

Well done to all who have received letters I'm sure its a wonderful relief, unfortunately I still am waiting on this allusive letter, starting to slightly panic Ill be honest as the letters seem to arriving thick and fast but not to me. Just wondering are there many out there still waiting also.

Well done to all who have received letters I'm sure its a wonderful relief, unfortunately I still am waiting on this allusive letter, starting to slightly panic Ill be honest as the letters seem to arriving thick and fast but not to me. Just wondering are there many out there still waiting also.

Yes, it's great to hear people are still being 'discovered' but as time goes on, getting anxious we won't be one of them.

We're with AIB. They will not even confirm if they're reviewing our case. Padraic Kissane is on board for us but we've had no news lately.

Have any former First Active customers had any update (apart from the standard 60 day letter) or a change in their rate??

Back