Ub customer

Deenie

hi all
I requested all documents relating to the interest rates I’ve been on since taking out my mortgage on 2002, they have arrived and I’m totally lost.
I can see where we accepted the loan offer may 2002 it gives a rate of 3.85% doesn’t give the documents saying if it was fixed etc )I’m presuming it must have been a 5 years fixed rate)
On 8/07 we took a 2 year fixed option 5.49%
8/09 2 yearfixed4.20%
9/11 2 year fixed 5.65%
9/13 5 year fixed 5.25
Don’t see tracker mentioned anywhere.
Then I seem to have got a letter dated 21/3/14 telling us our fixed term is ending on 1/9/13 and we will automatically roll on to svr 4.6%. (Please note six month gap)
Then on 11/16 we got a letter saying original loan over no longer applies new rate is 3.85 one year discount variable.
Has anyone any idea what this is all about. I’ve never felt so lost.

When you received the documentation from UB regarding your interest rate options were you given the option to take a tracker rate or only fixed rates?

No mention of tracker at all but there’s fixed rate, svr, other variable rate, discounted variable .

You probably should have been offered a tracker in 2007. I'm not sure if they were offered in 2002 when you took your mortgage out initially (but could be incorrect here).
I would go back to them to see if you were offered a tracker then & if not, why not.

Back