UB & Aldi Transaction Query

pudds

I made a debit card purchase in Aldi on the 16th Dec last for €43.56 but there is still
no sign of this showing in my ub current account. It is not even in pending and its
the 4th of January now.

Or could this be a problem for Aldi, if their terminal prints a receipt but for some
reason its not valid maybe due to a fault.

It's in my interest to just do nothing, but I keep my own CA records and dont want
this to spring up later causing more confusion.

This happened once before but I had not been tracking it, but I am 100% certain about this time.

If ub was to discover this say 6/9mths down the line, will they just grab the money without any
notification to me on my account.

I'm a curious more than anything.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the problem is but you've spent the money so it's gone. You've had your notification with the till receipt which also shows the account debit transaction so there should be no surprises, unless you like spending the same money twice.

I've designed and built my own reconciliation system for various accounts I use (current, cash, C/U, Post Office, etc) and use transaction, debit/confirmation and reconciliation dates to keep track of money at the transaction level and thereby, the balances.

Surprises are few and far between for me and very quickly resolved, like the direct debit for €44.40 in favour of Sullivan Insurances for a cancelled motor policy that appeared on the 27th December, since credited back to my account. I spent 5 months since early August 2018 vainly trying to set up a direct debit with this shower of cowboys. Once I'd cancelled and placed the business with another broker, suddenly direct debits appear.

Possibly yet another UB system glitch.

Various reconciliations are done by banks for the rare circumstances for transaction breaks. It might be caught at a later date and taken out of your account. It also might never be caught / may have been written off on the UB side as an unexplained small rec difference.

Back