U2

AFAIK it is Paddy Casey on the Friday, the Radiators on the Saturday and Ash on the Monday.

According to www.u2.com the support acts are now changed to The Radiators and Snow Patrol.
Was Paddy Casey and Snow Patrol but he has been moved to Saturday.

I saw them in Twickenham on Saturday and Athlete and Dove supported them - boring, boring, boring (not U2 of course). Who on earth thinks up the support? No offense to any English people but on the way in to Twickers there was absolutely no atmosphere at all - even in the pub - no music outside or anything - compared to here. However, U2 just get better and better [lets forget Zooropa was ever recorded and keep remembering Boy, War, October and Joshua Tree especially] and they were ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! I cant make it this weekend and Im so sorry I cant, anyone going is in for a treat!

Surely the most overrated band in the world - purveyors of advertising jingles and nothing else. And as for their smugness ....The Heretic

Vanilla said:
I like their music but am I the only one who thinks Bono is a complete prat?

No, Vanilla, you are certainly not alone - to make matters worse, his photo seems to be everywhere at the moment.

Someone rang Joe Duffy a couple of weeks ago doing a skit about Bono and his attempts to come to terms with his receding hairline. It was sung to the tune of "One" and the refrain was "One Hair, It isn't fair". I'm still smiling at it.

Did anyone see him on the news lately (might have been Newsnight) getting some kids on his latest African tour to give him a recital of "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"? I admire what he is trying to do and I'm sure it necessitates him biting his tongue a lot, I just wish he'd do it a bit more.

Rebecca

Bono is a gimp...always was...always will be.

U2 make some good music...but they're an extremely overrated bunch of musicians.
Would only go see them play if someone handed me a free ticket and only then to throw a few beercans at that spanner Bono!!

They're ok live - saw them at Slane with RHCP - but not the best band I've ever seen. Definitely not worth paying a fortune for (a friend of mine sold 2 tickets for €450 - sure that's a couple of nights in London!).

Having said that though, they're definitely a better choice for Slane than the cr*p that's playing this year.

over-rated? hhhmmm thats why they sell out every concert wherever they play... dont mind Bono - there are three others in the band that everyone seems to forget about! They're all to be admired! I've never heard anyone worrying about their kids listening to U2 as opposed to say Eminem or Marilyn Manson...

To be honest I'm more excited about seeing Marilyn Manson in August with Iron Maiden than I was for U2 in Slane!

stobear said:
I didn't think Zooropa was a complete Lemon:)

It left me feeling Numb anyways...BOOM BOOM!

Whats the general rate beign fetched for a pair of tickets??? Seen U2 3 times before, Slane, Boston, Cork and more than fed up with them.

Said it here before, find it a bit much to have Bono banging on about debt this,that and the other while his management happily licence someone to charge you a fiver at his gig for a pint and eight euro for a manky burger and chips.

Add to that the fact that they should have played Cork, Thurles and Galway to allow some of the Irish fans they claim to 'love' to see them without having to resort to the black market.

Does Bono practise what he preaches?

From all the money he'll make from the concerts (his portion is of course separate from the rest of the band), and considering the very generous Tax Exemptions that he gets - will he make a substantial donation to the poorer countries? Or some charity?

He seems to do a lot of talking - what I want to know is does he take action?

-soc

they releaed 5000 tickets at 11am this morning on ticket master allegedly....there were some for sale because I checked myself.

So all of a sudden, 160000 selling out in 2 hours is becoming a bigger and bigger lie. I reckon if even 120000 were for sale for the Fri and sat concerts back in Feb there were a lot.

legend99 said:
they releaed 5000 tickets at 11am this morning on ticket master allegedly....there were some for sale because I checked myself.

So all of a sudden, 160000 selling out in 2 hours is becoming a bigger and bigger lie. I reckon if even 120000 were for sale for the Fri and sat concerts back in Feb there were a lot.

They were only on sale on the telephone sales centres and are sold out now - the opening line of the call answering system says "U2 tickets sold out".

The 5000 probably came from rejected credit card transactions and cancellations, from the original sales.

I've heard that they have been releasing tickets on the ticketmaster website in small batchs since last week. They released the returns for sale yesterday morning but only in Ticketmaster outlets. It was announced on Today FM by Ian Dempsey. Hubby went up to the Square but they had sold out. Apparently they were selling up to 6 per person.

Earlier today the Ticketmaster site said Friday & Saturday were on sale. I got as far as selecting the no of tickets, Selected "best available" and the delivery method but on the next page but I kept getting a message to say I had chosen the wrong ticket option. I tried it for every ticket option but kept getting the same msg. I phoned the ticketline and it said there are no more tickets available. I give up :(

car said:
what were kings of leon like? my favorite album of the year.

The Kings of Leon are fantastic in concert...I have seen them twice, once in the Olympia in Dec 03 & last year at Oxegen. Have you bought their debut album too? IMO its better than the 2nd one

Back