U2 tribute band - scandalous ticket price

RMCF

I was watching the end of Seoige the other day and saw a U2 tribute band listed for a hotel in Ennis and the price for tickets was:

€67.50 !!!!

I nearly fell off the sofa. Jez, U2 themselves wouldn't be much more expensive.

These guys deserve to be playing to an empty house at that price. They are a tribute act for God's sake. If you pay that you have just too much money.

That sounds like an awful price. Are they even a well known/well regarded act? U3 for example used to have a high profile - not that it's any justification.

It is a mistake. It is a Christmas Party night, including a meal. They will throw in a room for you as well, all for €50 pps. Excellent value, in fairness.

[broken link removed]
Special Offer Details: One Euro Christmas Party Sale
Description Enjoy a Fabulous Christmas Party Night at the West County Hotel, offer includes one nights accommodation and full Irish Breakfast with tickets to the Christmas Party Night Supper, ticket includes delicious finger food, Live band and DJ till late (Doors Open 9.30pm). PARTY NIGHT LINE UP 19th December: RATTLE & HUM: 20th December: THE JUKEBOX HEROS
Specific Terms Strictly not valid with any promotional vouchers or discounts • New bookings only • Extra’s paid on departures • €7.50 credit card/ laser fee apply to online bookings.
Dates from: 19-Dec-2008 until: 21-Dec-2008
Room Name Special Offer Double Room
Occupancy maximum: 2 Adults
Offer Price € 50.00 EUR total Per Adult - for 1 night(s)

It is a mistake. It is a Christmas Party night, including a meal. They will throw in a room for you as well, all for €50 pps. Excellent value, in fairness.

[broken link removed]

This wasn't mentioned on the TV programme.

They basically gave the band, the location and the price. Said nowt about meals or party nights.

Speaking of outrageous prices, have a look at Ry Cooder at the Olympia, supported by Nick Lowe [broken link removed] - I'd love to see both of these artists, but the prices are just crazy. I have a feeling we'll see a cut back from 3 nights to 1 night announced soon.

This wasn't mentioned on the TV programme.

They basically gave the band, the location and the price. Said nowt about meals or party nights.

Lou Reed's "Don't believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear" springs to mind - especially what you see and hear on RTE :(

Speaking of outrageous prices, have a look at Ry Cooder at the Olympia, supported by Nick Lowe [broken link removed] - I'd love to see both of these artists, but the prices are just crazy. I have a feeling we'll see a cut back from 3 nights to 1 night announced soon.

I've just booked two tickets for Cooder in the Waterfront at £65 each.
Half the price and a much nicer venue too.

Back