Two properties, will bank force me to put one as buy-to-let ?

athene_niu

If I have 2 properties, both on mortgage, and none of them rent out.
Will the bank forced me to put one as buy-to-let or investment interest rate ?

Why are you asking this question now? assumption is that these are existing mortgages and no bank has raised any issue over them. If you continue to meet the payments the bank will have no issues with whether you live in both properties or not!!

Why are you asking this question now? assumption is that these are existing mortgages and no bank has raised any issue over them. If you continue to meet the payments the bank will have no issues with whether you live in both properties or not!!
Because one day when I call the bank, they were asking me which property I want to put as main residence, which makes me think they want to put the other one as buy-to-let rate.

You are not renting out the 2nd property so I assume that you are not in breach of any loan conditions. They cannot arbitrarily change the rate on a facility unless you deliberately misled them when you took out the loan!

You are not renting out the 2nd property so I assume that you are not in breach of any loan conditions. They cannot arbitrarily change the rate on a facility unless you deliberately misled them when you took out the loan!

Would the enquiry relate to Tax Relief at Source, which is only available on PPR (for qualifying customers)?

Because one day when I call the bank, they were asking me which property I want to put as main residence, which makes me think they want to put the other one as buy-to-let rate.
Or most likely they wanted to know where to send any correspondance such as your annual mortgage statements.

Back