Two employers, one main one secondary, do both have to supply a P60?

pator

In addition to my main employeer I do some extra work, if the 2nd employeer treats me as an employee and deduts at source etc do I get one p60 or two?

(Main employeer knows of the extra work, just a very very small organisation and if possible would like to keep things seperate
- 2nd employeer is happy to treat me as independent contractor or employee, tax office say either is ok cause of the nature of the work)

Pator,

If you earn over the lower tax band i.e. €32,000 and your second employer does not have your tax details you could end up owing a sustantial amount to the revenue, as it appears you have not supplied tax credit details to the second employer.

Just though you like to be aware of that.

Pator,

If you earn over the lower tax band i.e. €32,000 and your second employer does not have your tax details you could end up owing a sustantial amount to the revenue, as it appears you have not supplied tax credit details to the second employer.

Just though you like to be aware of that.

Thanks for that.
I gave them RSI number and PRSI class, thats all they asked for, am I covered with that?

Are your tax credits/standard rate band allocated to one employer or another or split between the two?

Then it is quite likey that you are underpaing tax - it would be best to check this out asap

Then it is quite likey that you are underpaing tax - it would be best to check this out asap

Thanks for the advise Rhino, Would you mind expanding on it, just so that I know what I am going checking.

Ask Revenue for a P21 balancing statement at the end of each year to check that your tax affairs are up to date. Obviously you need to inform them of all relevant information too.

Pator,

if your tax credits and your standard rate tax band are allocated to the main employer, and if your secondary employer has all you details, then you are NOT likely underpaying tax.

I am in the exact same situation.

I pay 42% tax on all income from my second employer. I do not underpay.

If for any reason your second employer has put you on emergency tax, it could be possible that you are receiveng your full tax credits and basic rate band from both employers, and thus be underpaying tax. Tou will need to check your payslips for this.

Pator,

if your tax credits and your standard rate tax band are allocated to the main employer, and if your secondary employer has all you details, then you are NOT likely underpaying tax.

I am in the exact same situation.

I pay 42% tax on all income from my second employer. I do not underpay.

Thanks protocol. That appears to make sense to me. Much appeciated

Back