Two brokers competing for my business - ideas for extras?

WhoAmI

I've had a look through the Insurance forum, but haven't found any hints.

In short, my car insurance will be up for renewal in a couple of months. My current broker, with whom I have dealt for the past good few years, will be submitting their usual proposal and saying that they recommend whatever quote they come up with as being the best for me, etc...

However, another broker, with whom I deal with for other things, have asked me if I would consider using their services when the time comes.

Apart from the bottom line, does anyone have any ideas as to how I can haggle between the two, or what extras, if anything, can anyone think of asking/requesting/demanding in return for my business?

Would you be better than combining all your business together and then see what is the best deal. Insurance Brokers make their smallest Commission from Motor Insurance. You might gety a better deal by grouping all your Insurances together.

Would you be better than combining all your business together and then see what is the best deal. Insurance Brokers make their smallest Commission from Motor Insurance. You might gety a better deal by grouping all your Insurances together.

That's true and that's what Broker 'B' probably wants me to do. I didn't think the extra detail was relevant, but Broker 'A' deals with my car insurance and Broker 'B' with my motorcycle insurance. The bike insurance will be staying with Broker 'B', so it's just a question of whether they will do me a good deal for the car, too.

Time will tell...

That's true and that's what Broker 'B' probably wants me to do. I didn't think the extra detail was relevant, but Broker 'A' deals with my car insurance and Broker 'B' with my motorcycle insurance. The bike insurance will be staying with Broker 'B', so it's just a question of whether they will do me a good deal for the car, too.

Time will tell...

I pay my car insurance with axa, which qualifies me for 50% off my motorbike insurance with aon.. Gonna see what they'll do for my house insurance next..

Back