Twitter CEO: Bitcoin to become the world's single currency within 10 years

Now that's a 6 marker - if ever I heard one, MrEarl!

Let me get the elephant out of the way first - my current wife assures me that she'll Bobbitt me if ever I decide to "just dip my toe back in". The combined risk of playing BTC together with my wife's "solemn pledge" may well be too much to bear!

To address your question properly, it would take a fair while to work out my muddled thoughts and then to record them. Any decent answer would probably need to be divided into two parts, namely:

(a) consideration of our specific personal circumstances which would include stuff like our willingness, ability and need to take investment risk; and

(b) what I suspect is the meat of your question as to the circumstances under which I could I envisage taking a position again.

Right now, in relation to (b), I don't have any visibility of any smart plays. If a good play did present, Bobbitt threats aside, I certainly would be tempted.

It would be remiss of me not to mention that:
- any such potential play could well be premised on BTC's price trajectory going up or..............down!; and/but
- at this point in time, I don't have any particular advantage/expertise in relation to BTC - the advantage or edge that I did have was that of being "an early mover", with good contextual visibility of BTC's early/earlyish momentum who was willing and able to take the high associated risk.

Well Red (as from observation you seem indeed to be well read),

If she did know, I'd be risking her delivering on the solemn pledge referenced in my pervious post!

I'll admit I had to Google the Bobbitt reference, but quickly realised why I had blocked it from my mind! It's one threat to keep you in line!

Back