Twin Insurance

lion_bar

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to get twin insurance in Ireland (i.e. a policy that pays out if you have twins)?

If so who offers it?

Thanks

you mean like take out an insurance policy and if you end up having twins you get paid more !!!! doubtful, but enjoy the buying of everything in double/bulk :)

You can get twin insurance with most life assurance companies.
It costs €25 a week from the date you conceive and if you have twins it pays out €1,000. If you don't, you simply get a refund of premiums.

Hmm... maybe a bookies would be able to help you?

It costs €25 a week from the date you conceive and if you have twins it pays out €1,000. If you don't, you simply get a refund of premiums.

Thanks.
Seems more of a savings plan than an insurance policy...

Am I missing something here? This sounds like a free bet.

You pay premiums for say 40 weeks = €1000.
If you "win" you get another €1000.
If you "lose" you get your money back?

so all you really lose is the interest gained on €25 per week in a savings account?
No?

I just got an online quote from that British website above, just to check it out.
For STG1000 of cover, there is a once-off premium of 79 quid ( this was the example I gave), but you dont get it back if you dont have twins, thats the amount you pay for the insurance, like any other insurance policy.

This doesn't make any sense to me. What does the insurance company get out of it if they give the premiums back?

I just got an online quote from that British website above, just to check it out.
For STG1000 of cover, there is a once-off premium of 79 quid ( this was the example I gave), but you dont get it back if you dont have twins, thats the amount you pay for the insurance, like any other insurance policy.

That makes more sense. Cheers.

Back