Twenty Pence on Carrots and Three hundred on Health Insurance.

gledswood

Registered User
Messages
64
I just got my Health Insurance renewal from Laya. Up over €300 each on renewal. I just shopped around for a new Electricity provider as my contract is due to expire. The cost of my units has increased from 25c to 29c. The fixed charge has gone from €218 to €250.

T.V. and broadband costs have also increased. My property tax costs have also increased by a few hundred.

It sort of makes a joke of buying a bag of carrots on special offer at 79c or similar.

We save pennies on the one hand but it is taken back in multiples of Euro on the other.

Now facing in to a winter of more fleeces and hot water bottles..
 
Following on from my poor attempt at a joke...

The reality is that the entire system is rigged, against the consumer.

You are compelled to shop around, every year, at personal cost (your time has a significant value !), just to try and get the best deal available. There's no loyalty or reward, for being a loyal customer, loyalty is usually penalised, in fact !

What's worse, is that you are more more heavily taxed, the more you pay for the - be it through VAT, Levies, or whatever other form of penalty the State is the to take more of your hard earned, after tax, income.

It's ultimately a war the you'll never win, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to win the odd battle, along the way (while taking no prisoners ! )
 
but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to win the odd battle,
I have a few battles going on at the moment and it can be quite exhausting. I persevere, sometimes I win but sometimes I lose....at least I gave it my best. The annoying thing is that I can get the odd carrot going off in among the pack, or the odd donut peach that has gone rotten amongst the rest.
 
Back
Top