tv recorder in built hard drive out put to dvd or usb

johnwilliams

mods if you got a better title please change
not top tech savvy on this one ,looking at getting a tv recorder with built in harddrive
but i with like one with usb output
(1)want to be able to copy some documentaries from internal hd to external dvdrw disk drive which i want to attach to it ,would it be possible to do that ?
(2) or failing that to an external usb hard drive (so could be watched via tv usb port)(different room both cases)
if they do have usb output is that certain models or all models any particular reference / information i should be looking out for on box
a local tesco store in the area has a tv/entertainment section ,over the weekend going to have a look there see if they have anything ,would their version of this product be workable for above scenarios or would they be basic , note recommendations for alternative retailers (models)in limerick area
ps the option of connecting to computer and recording on dvd is not what i am considering

I'm not sure I understand all of your post but do you think this Sony Bravia (last year's model, for example) does some of what you want? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-KDL32RE403-32-Inch-X-Reality-Recording/dp/B06WRSJCBD/ref=pd_sbs_504_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FW0GDFTAQS3NE3X1J4DC

never thought of a tv with record abilty (would it connect/record to a external dvdrw drive
i was thinking more like old vhs recorder , but hard drive recorder connected to external dvdrw disk drive ,sorry i am not explaining this right, may in in fact be confusing you with this reply?

In most cases, recordings you create on one TV via USB attached storage will only play-back on that TV due the DRM, so while you may be able to extract the individual files, they most likely won't play on another TV.

Back