TV Licence

O

Odessa

Hi,

I have just purchased an appartment and I have two TV's in it, do I need two TV licences and how much does a TV licence cost?

You need one TV license. €152.

Just found out recently that you can pay your TV licence by monthly direct debit to credit card account, to ease the cashflow pain of the up-front payment.

Probably a bit dishonest but I always let my licence go a month overdue and then buy a new 12 month licence thereby getting a free month.

In order to salve my consience I then take 1/12 of the licence fee and pass it back to the Government by way of the publican.

It's like drinking free beer paid for by RTE.

I'm surprised that works since I thought that they checked your details (name, address etc.) and know that it's a renewal applicable from the renewal date and not the purchase date if later...

No. I have had no trouble. If they asked any questions I would tell them it was a new application and give my Sp's maiden name or something. As long as there is a TV licence in the house I don't think An Post will be too worried and if everyone in the country boughttheir licence every 13 months I think they would be over the moon.

Murt

i didnt pay mine yet ,i've never left it this late before but i want to see how many reminders i can collect.they're getting worse too 'they know who i am and they're coming to get me'

Wait long enough and it could cost you €634 or €1,269...

No - It's definitely dishonest.

Isn't it just a variation of the Governments tactic of increasing taxes immediately after the budget (On Fuel, Ciggies, Drink etc), but waiting a few weeks to introduce benefits?

Murt is just following the example of his leaders. :)

-Rd

The key difference is that (regardless of whether you agree with the issue or not), the Govt is democratically elected to rule and set the legislation around these things. Murt is not.

Pay up you cluts.

Hey Murt, Nice one !

You can also go down to your corner shop, wait until the shop assistant isn't looking and then slip some chocolate bars into your pocket and as long as you're not caught, it's ok -right !

All I can say is that its pretty damm sad that there's so many petty criminals around.

Have a nice day (not)

Pay up you cluts.

Have to agree with our godess of love on this one, you'll be mugging old ladies next before graduating onto actually physically robbing the post office next, give it up Murt ol bean this is how John Gilligan started.
Of course it goes without saying that I also backup rainday's assertion that those paragons of moral rectitude we elected in the dail (whose criminal activites set new records evrey week) have every right to pull such stunts whereas the man on the street should be (and is) locked up for failure to pay a tv licence.
Don't fight the power Murt, roll over and have your tummy scratched while they pick your pocket at the same time.

Re: Pay up you cluts.

OH! come on now people let's all lighten up.
No-one is saying that Murt's behaviour is to be admired,
but it's not worth higher blood pressure either is it?

Rainyday, I never said the government didn't have the right to do what they do, nor did I say Murt had a right (or was right) to do what he does.

I just said that those in charge set an example and we can hardly be too surprised if the public follow that example. That's a fact (regardless of whether you agree with the issue or not).

We Irish are chancers. As a people we'll chance anything. But you don't have to look too far for examples of where we learn this trait.

How about holding back spending to build up a war chest so that they can splurge in advance of the next General Election?
Sounds very similar to Murt's tactic.

If violent movies and games make viewers more violent, how do you think we Irish can watch the news each night without becomming corrupt.

Poor Murt is the real victim in all of this. He deserves our sympathy and support.

-Rd

Maybe you've put the cart before the horse, RD. Maybe the Govt acts like it does because it knows/thinks that many Irish people are chancers too, so they may as well join them.

As I've said before, we get the Govt we deserve.

Maybe if RTE broadcast dramatisations of AAM arguments such as this people would be more willing to pay the license fee? George Clooney could play me for example...

:lol

Oh dear. My tongue in cheek remark has yet again turned into a political debate, which I must win or else Rainyday will become the AAM Alpha Male.

Rainyday, Isn't it the policy of the current opposition that politicians must be held to a higher standard than the general public? It seems every time a politician makes even a slight mistake there are calls for resignation. No-one would dare suggest that a private citizen should resign after making a mistake.

So, based on that opposition policy, I'm assuming that politicians have an obligation to overcome their natural tendancy to be chancers, while Murt as a private citizen is not under as much of an obligation.

Murt! I swear to god, If I get you out of this with your reputation intact I'm sending you a bill for Barristers fees.

Apparently in "AAM the Movie", I'll be played by Rob Lowe.

spjcaps.tripod.com/ww.html

:)

-Rd

Back