TV Licence

Lyrics Board

What's the "Lyrics Board" programme? I've never heard of it, as we don't receive it in Belfast (where I am).

Is it similar to ITV's Pop Idol?

Data protection

So report them to the Data Protection Commissioner.

I already have. I emailed them a few months ago and didn't get a reply. Looks like I'll have to put it in a letter.

Re: Data protection

I've found the Data Protection Commissioner to be very effective in handling such complaints, though they do need the occasional gentle nudge/reminder to keep them moving.

Fiona: Instead of wannabees its wasbees but its not the same. How do you not receive rte in Belfast? they have increased the height of the mast on the border at Carrickarnon (listed as Carnmont Carn) in the past year and made it more powerful. it also carries all the radio stations but not necessarily where they are 'advertised'
ie Today Fm has as its jingle 100 to 102 fm when in fact its 105.5 from this transmitter. pity the bbc wouldn't up the power on that transmitter outside Newry. Then we might get channel 5 and receive freeview.

Then we might get channel 5 and receive freeview.

While I agree with your sentiment, I don't think that anyone would miss channel 5. It really is a load of old tripe.

As for the rest of Freeview, BBC4, and the BBC radio stations, are well worth receiving though. And UK£50 for a freeview box certainly is much better value than pay hundred of euros for a cable subscription over the years.

I have to caveat the above comment by saying I don't currently have a telly meself !!

Back