TV licence Reminder

roker

I just got a text notification that my TV licence is due, and then after viewing it, it disappeared from my phone. I have had a free licence for years under the household benefits so I cannot see what purpose this serves or where it came from

Some trick for the sender to delete a received text SMS message.........
Sure you didn't delete it ?

It’s very likely a scam text . As a avid avoided of paying my tv Licence texts messages are not part of the chasing process . They usually send letters , tv inspector then eventually a court summons .

It still expires - I think you mean it as automatically renewed

I agree your entitlement to a free tv licence does not expire - but I do no think that the licensing authority issues a TV licence without an expiry date but I could be wrong.

1. All television licences expire within one year of issue.
2. You may still be entitled to a free television licence on renewal.
3. No television licences have a renewal date at "forever."

My license was issued on 22/09/2015 and has no expiry date.
As I said before it says:
Validity of license: This licence ceases to be valid - (a) on death of the license holder
or (b) if the license holder ceases to be entitled to a free television license under Household Benefits.

AFAIK the "Free TV Licence" that comes with household benefits package is not actually an annual licence which is renewed each year, more a certificate to state that you are exempt from holding a licence.

AFAIK the "Free TV Licence" that comes with household benefits package is not actually an annual licence which is renewed each year, more a certificate to state that you are exempt from holding a licence.
On the top of my license it says:
“This is your free television license. Please keep it safe”

If you contact your mobile phone provider they may be able to tell you who sent it and if it is a scam.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 339
Back