Turkish Title deeds

PADDYBOY99

Hello,
Has anyone had any experience with delayed title deeds in Turkey. I bought a property through a co operative in Turkey and have been waiting for the title deeds now for over a year? They are saying that because it is a co operative the title deeds take a lot longer!

that is true, title deeds through co operatives take longer in Turkey. is the whole building finished or is there still construction ongoing

it really depends on the people doing the paper work, though you should keep the pressure on, a year is a long time, waht are their excuses

They are presently saying that they are waiting for the military who look after the deeds? Is this possible?

Hi Paddy Boy,

A co-operative in Turkey does not apply for title deeds until all the works have been completed. Have you supplied any details for the army search? i.e. copy passport, parents names and a fee of roughly £250 (dependent on region of Turkey).

Here in Didim, the army searches are sent to the Jandarma in Izmir. All of our customers from last year had their TAPU (Tittle deeds) within 4 months.

They are presently saying that they are waiting for the military who look after the deeds? Is this possible?

military do not look after the deeds, you get permission from military to get your deeds as a foreign buyer.

on average it should take around 3 months at most for the military to process your application, given that you have supplied all your documenst correctly

Hello,
Has anyone had any experience with delayed title deeds in Turkey. I bought a property through a co operative in Turkey and have been waiting for the title deeds now for over a year? They are saying that because it is a co operative the title deeds take a lot longer!

Hi Paddyboy, we bought in Turkey in 2002 - an off plan apartment part of 24 apartments on the small complex. Some people had their tapu within 4 months, ours was just over a year & one chap only got his in 2006!

In addition to this, due to land reform legislation introduced in 2006, some rural areas are being resurveyed, (these are areas, that were formally issued with a village tapu as opposed to the more formal federal tapu). We also have some land in one of these areas, although we have a village tapu we are still waiting for our federal tapu & it's been 18 months. In addition we have had to set up a company with a turkish shareholder as the federal tapu will only be issued to a turkish citizen

Ina ll instances, without the tapu I don't THINK you can sell your place to another foreigner - but you need to check the legality of that.

Back