Turin Airport to Turin Porta Susa railway station ?

zag

Does anyone know how easy it is to get from Turin Airport to Porta Susa train station ?

I see there is an airport train, but it goes to Dora railway station, and it is not entirely clear (at the moment) how close Dora & Porta Susa are. There is also a bus which takes 40 minutes from the airport to Porta Susa - does anyone know how reliable this timing is ? I have a feeling that Irish roads (and hence travel times) and Italian roads have a lot in common, but I might be wrong.

If anything, the Winter Olympics last Winter should mean the roads are good and the road works are all done, but you never know . . .

Cheers,

z

I can't tell you the bus timetables but i have been to Sauze D'oulx (just outside Susa) twice and the bus is no more than an hour. And that includes all the waiting about to get going. Very handy.

Italian roads 10 years ago were better than Irish roads now, some how I don't think they would have gotten worse :) Time table should be good, but I would make allowances if it's during rush hour.

Based on my experience one year ago I'd take the bus.

Dora Station is a relatively small station a bit out of the centre, porta susa is the main station (a quite impressive massive building)

The train is not that frequent - is a bit of a beat up old thing and stops at quite a few places en route to Dora station which is about a 10-5 minute tram ride to Porta Susa (that's after you work out which tram to catch which is a bit of a struggle)

The bus is I recall more frequent - not much more expensive and will drop you right at Porta Susa - it's more comfortable and certianly faster by the time you factor in the tram connection.

The bus takes a bit of a windy path to Porta Susa. I've only got it once. Left on time etc.

Motorway network around Turin and in the North generally is petty good. Way ahead of what we have here.

Itlaian driving though can be a bit scarey.

Back