Tupe, Position downgraded

dodo

I was part of a TUPE and my position from Supervisor looking after team of 15 and we where the vendors to the company we TUPE over to and my position was changed to Senior Person with no more responsibility for the Team such as holidays, back to work chat, No more apprisals etc you get the idea , now all at first did not seem to bad as I actually got 20% payrise and everyone gets free Health care, great pension also.Due to the guy from the company who I would have dealt with on behalf of the vendor company I worked for , I now report to him and have no issue per say with him, but other's who where supervisors in different departments came over as supervisors with their team and therefore have people reporting to them are entitled to very generous bonuses. They had no similar person doing their role in the new company we went to. Just wondering can I do anything about it. Don't want to rock the boat but want also to know my rights, was I hard done by and if so what best way to go about it as I writing this as over the week I I got chatting to a person in another company who is in HR and they said it looks like I was shafted his words not mind. Cheers

From my reading of the TUPE legislation, this focuses on employees entitlements in terms of consultation, representation, pension and a maintenance of terms & conditions. In this case, your T&Cs seem to have improved, though not as much as others have. There is nothing in the legislation to say that any improvements in T&Cs must be applied equally across the board. Indeed I'd imagine it's quite common that staff seen as key to the success of any merger would be singled out to improve retention.

The facilities for complaints in relation this act focus mainly on the erosion or rights or reductions in terms. The only avenue open would be in regards to constructive dismissal if you feel the new org are trying to force you out.

dodo

You will improve your chances of a meaningful answer if you break the post into paragraphs and sentences rather than just a stream of consciousness.

Back