Trying to source glazed bifold doors

tedcrilly

Trying to source internal glazed bifold doors

hi

Hoping someone can assist.

Just in the tail-end process of putting an extension on to a house.
We are planning on having double doors from old back room into new Kitchen/dining room.

As the middle room (old back room) will now not have any direct light coming into it from the outside we had hoped to put glazed double doors in place.

In order to save on space avoiding dead space that a full 30 inch door would result in when open, and also make a feature of the doors we were hoping to put in 15-pane style bifold doors.

What we are looking for is something along the lines of the link below - we plan to check these out but the do not seem as thick as a normal door (1 inch)

[broken link removed]

The gap at the moment is approx 62-63 inches so we are looking for either

Readymade bifold glazed 15-pane-style doors, each door approx 30 inches
OR
4 seperate approx. 15 inch glazed 15-pane-style (probably 5 panes per door) that could be hinged together and mounted as folding doors.

We can make the doorway larger to suit if it is a matter of inches.

I have tried a lot of the door stores in the dublin area but as they are not the usual style they do not stock them

If anybody has any experience in sourcing non-standard doors or trying the above I would be most grateful.

We are in the dublin area but are willing to travel to pick up the right doors.

anybody any experience of trying to source something like this up North ?

thanks

TC

Last edited:
[broken link removed] have a few listed on their website, you'll be able to order these in-store.
Leo

thx LEO for reply

I spotted the B & Q ones as per the link in orignal mail.
I hope to check these out on the w/e, they are close but am not expecting them to be exactly what i am looking for.

have you had any experience with the B&Q doors ?

cheers

TC

Ah, sorry, didn't spot the link...

I've seen the ones they stock, all look to be of a similar quality to other suppliers, but I haven't bought any from them.
Leo

Re: Trying to source bifold doors

Hello Tedcrilly (or anyone else)

Is there anyone (other than B&Q) that sells or custom makes bifold doors,either in the North or the South.

I would like bifold (non-glased),preferably white-oak,but would go with pine if the white-oak becomes too expensive.

Regards,

Back