trying to set up a standing order to continue paying my ulster tracker mortgage

Brenlixnaw

morning it may seem a simple request in normal times but here my problem
i have a ulster bank tracker mortgage that i pay from my ulster bank offset account ,
i called into BOI yesterday to set up a standing order to pay the mortgage and was told i need a reference number to be able to set it up but i have so many reference numbers on all the paperwork they send me i dont know which one to use ,i have iban and bic but at least 4 different reference numbers ,now ulster branch in tralee appear to deliberately not want to help ,cant say i blame them really and all attempts by phone or on line end in a promise to call back that never happens so does any one know the answer or gone through this similar problem ,i want to keep my mortgage and offset account until the end of my mortgage term because it actually serves me well ,thanks in advance

Hi there. I have an offset tracker with Ulster Bank too. There are 2 accounts the mortgage account and the offset account.
I have the mortgage and the other account set up as payees from Bank of Ireland for years.
I just had a look there a minute ago, the "Reference" entry on both accounts I made up myself, just for information purposes.
I know that in setting up some payees the reference entry is important but I don't think it is in transactions between different banks.
I think all is important in this case is the IBAN.

Practically all payments would be done by direct debit and you would change that with UB, is there some reason you want a standing order instead? If rates keep changing you'll just to have contact BoI and change that SO every time instead of a DD automatically changing or maybe like me you pay a set higher amount regardless! But I also have that option set up with my UB DD.

If you really want one then as above if you have the IBAN & BIC then that should be enough to ensure it goes to the correct account, the need for a reference sounds more like when I pay my gas provider and the payment goes to their IBAN/BIC but the reference is my personal account number. The SO form is probably providing for this sort of system but isn't the case here, as advised above just stick in something, it's often just the name of where it came from like if someone was paying rent for example.

The offset account being used to fund the mortgage is probably being closed as part of the UB exit
There is no update on these accounts being closed at the moment so no need to change it for that reason, they are still operating as usual, my mortgage is still being paid from mine and will be until UB come up with a soluti

morning it may seem a simple request in normal times but here my problem
i have a ulster bank tracker mortgage that i pay from my ulster bank offset account ,
i called into BOI yesterday to set up a standing order to pay the mortgage and was told i need a reference number to be able to set it up but i have so many reference numbers on all the paperwork they send me i dont know which one to use ,i have iban and bic but at least 4 different reference numbers ,now ulster branch in tralee appear to deliberately not want to help ,cant say i blame them really and all attempts by phone or on line end in a promise to call back that never happens so does any one know the answer or gone through this similar problem ,i want to keep my mortgage and offset account until the end of my mortgage term because it actually serves me well ,thanks in advance
thanks everyone for the replies , ive eventually got it sorted , all down to the good old Irish way of life ,i remembered that a friend of a friends daughter worked for Ulster band so i asked if i could get her number for a chat and this is the solution
i had always paid using cash lodgments in branch and didnt have a bankcard or was registered online and it turned out i only needed to set up a standing order from BOI to pay into my ulster bank Facility account because the direct debit is set up to take my mortgage payment from my facility account and i didnt need a reference for this ,ive now ordered a bank card and once this arrives ill be able to register online ,so when ulster bank leave ill be able to continue paying my mortgage and keep my offset benefits ,all thanks to a friend of a friends daughter

Ah right so you weren't really trying to set up a standing order to pay the mortgage but to lodge to the current/facility account where the direct debit comes out of, I thought you were trying to scrap the DD and pay the mortgage by standing order, possibly the local UB staff thought so too.

There is no update on these accounts being closed at the moment so no need to change it for that reason, they are still operating as usual, my mortgage is still being paid from mine and will be until UB come up with a soluti
im in exactly the same position and will continue to use my accounts until Ulster bank offer me a better solution

Back