Trying to sell in castleknock

A

and

have put a four bed town house up for sale in collegefort, good sq ft, selling it fully furnished, hav'nt had a single offer, a few viewing nothing great, what do people think about this?

Re: castleknock

whats the sq footage, terraced, semi d? price? Whats the difference between the market value and the price including the furniture? could this be the problem?

1450sqft, its an end of terrace, ex €585 hav'nt really broke down the price into contents and property price, was waiting for perspective purchasers to show a interest in either the property or the property and contents.

i think the market is slowing at the moment in anticipation of interest rates rises and the budget. I was looking at houses last night in this price range and the autioneer told me that bidding wars are coming to an end, houses are just making the asking price if at all. Houses are also on the market longer . I saw 2 houses that dropped their price from 650 to 630 & 635. It was in Malahide which I suppose would be on par with Castleknock. There is alot of house for sale in the castleknock area so i would get a definitive price for the house as people buying this house might be trading up. I know if I was to look at it I would want a price for the house as I would be bringing my own furniture with me

i'd drop the price to get some interested parties involved. you dont have to take the offers but in the current market its the best way to get on peoples radar.

do you's think i should wait until after the budget to drop my price??

waiting for the budget may not be a great idea - there i a risk that with interest rate increases and budget changes to help owner occupiers that a lot of investment properties may be put on the market as they no longer offer a good return. That is the risk.
Of course stamp duty may be reduced but anyone who thinks it will be done away with is crazy. Unlikly to be more than a 1 or 2 % change. The Gov needs to get its money from somewhere.

do you's think i should wait until after the budget to drop my price??

Nope too risky.
I would lower your price sufficiently so that your property becomes more obvious to prospective buyers. You might gain enough attention for a couple of bidders to bid against each other. I would be more pro-active as your EA may not be judging the market correctly.

Back