Health Insurance trying to find plan similar to PMI5310, that might offer some savings

Temple

Hi,
As always, I got great advice on here a couple of years ago, and am hoping I might get some assistance again.
Adults, 52 and 51, Young Adults 21 and 19; First 3 on PMI5310 (€1,345.29*2 and €630.49), youngest on PMI0710I(€451.77)
My renewal quote has increased substantially.
I have plugged various scenarios into the HIA tool (and listened to the Dermot Goode podcasts, and gone back through posts here).
I am trying to see if there are any savings to be availed of, with a cheaper policy that offers similar cover i.e. qualifies for access to semi-private D in the Dublin private hospitals, and covers day to day expenses without an excess.
If anyone knows of anything, and can point me in the direction..I would appreciate any advice.
Thanks

Last edited:
If you are staying with VHI the cover on the existing policies is good for that price. Even Dermot Goode I think mentioned recently on one of the podcasts that around €1,500 is a good policy so @ €1,345.29 you are doing well. Perhaps Laya or Irish Life might provide something cheaper.
Thanks Sue Ellen. Yes, I had listened to that podcast. I guess it's the young adults where I was hoping there could possibly be a better option that I am not seeing. I value the day to day expenses, as while there are not lots, for years I felt I was paying for health insurance and never able to call on it for any of the medical requirements that cropped up. Also, your suggestion that Laya or Irish Life might provide something cheaper is really what I am trying to find out. I was just putting it up here in the hope that someone may have done the same legwork, and had more success than me.

Last edited:
Back