Trump or Biden, who will win

How would the devious Biden supporters in the Postal Service know that the vote was for Trump?

Well they would know it was a vote , they would know that the sender would not know whether it was delivered or if a few thousand votes from certain locations were not delivered , (unlike normal mail) if you deliver all the postal votes from one location but not from another it is possible to skew the vote.
They should never have allowed postal votes to continue to roll in after voting day and had a cut off date before polling day to allow all postal votes to have arrived.
If anything though why did we make such a big deal about the integrity of the e Voting machines when you see the shambles of mail in voting in the US almost 2 decades later.

Well they would know it was a vote , they would know that the sender would not know whether it was delivered or if a few thousand votes from certain locations were not delivered , (unlike normal mail) if you deliver all the postal votes from one location but not from another it is possible to skew the vote.
They should never have allowed postal votes to continue to roll in after voting day and had a cut off date before polling day to allow all postal votes to have arrived.
If anything though why did we make such a big deal about the integrity of the e Voting machines when you see the shambles of mail in voting in the US almost 2 decades later.

Honestly... Is this place becoming Qanon central?

Each state has its own rules. Some allow votes postmarked by election date to be delivered after... Some require delivery by election day. But all of them have been doing the same for years. And all have pretty tight validation routines.

If there is any evidence of issues, they'll be brought to court rather than putting stuff up on Twitter or whatever. So far there's been nothing.

I'm impressed by some of the posters here; not only were they calling trends in states, but in some counties and cities and the postal votes rules in various areas. What a showpiece the whole presidential election was razamatazz, pathos, irony, seriousness, victory, refusal to accept defeat, accusations, drama etc. I'm glad there was no type of Proportional Representation involved because we'd have been waiting ten years for the result. If they sat down together Steven Spielberg and William Shakespeare couldn't have come up with better. I'm glad Joe Biden won and perhaps now we'll have dignity restored to the office of the President of the United States.

Kamala Harris will be a strong vice president. Her speeches are good and in the hours after the result she along with Joe Biden appear to be saying the right things to bring the rest of the USA along with them.

Last edited:
It just stretches credibility that Trump got almost 50% of the total vote but only 10% of all the mail in votes were for Trump and 90% for Biden, maybe 70/30 or 60/40 Biden Trump ratio would be believable.

Postal voting in presidential elections has strongly favoured Democrats in recent elections. Polls in advance of the election suggested only ~30% of democrats planned to vote in person versus almost 70% of republicans, so a 90/10 split shouldn't really be that great a surprise.

2016 saw 33M postal votes, looking like 80-100M this time round. With the Trump campaign openly talking about blocking postal votes, I don't think it's any surprise that his supporters believed him and chose to vote in person.

if you deliver all the postal votes from one location but not from another it is possible to skew the vote.
Yes, that's why they have checks in place to make sure that doesn't happen. It may come as a surprise but they've thought of all those scenarios and allowed for them.

The only caveat to the above is that over the past few months, the US postal service have implemented policies to reduce their ability to process mail. They have taken out hundreds of sorting machines in the run up to the election, and then to follow a court order to investigate missing ballots. Of course it's no surprise, Trump appointed DeJoy to do just that in June.

The only caveat to the above is that over the past few months, the US postal service have implemented policies to reduce their ability to process mail. They have taken out hundreds of sorting machines in the run up to the election, and then to follow a court order to investigate missing ballots. Of course it's no surprise, Trump appointed DeJoy to do just that in June.

I don't dispute any of this but there is definitely a broader GOP aspect to this fraud allegations other than a Trump diatribe. I heard one commentator reference the last four years of Democrats basically refusing to accept that they could have ever lost to Trump. Hence the phoney Russia-gate investigation and the Ukrainain impeachment fiasco.
The impeachment sunk to a new low in my opinion and has set matters for a vitriolic atmosphere and that there is widespread Trumpism element in the Republican party that intends to be as disruptive to the Biden presidency as Democrats were to the Trump presidency, starting with laying a question mark over the legitimacy of Biden's election win.

It is a very divided country.

So you believe that the FBI, CIA & NSA all lied about that (during Trump's presidency!)

I was referring to the commentary of the commentator that I heard from a member of the Republican Party. The Democrats used the Russian interference campaign to try delegitimize the Trump presidency in the eyes of the public.

I was referring to the commentary of the commentator that I heard from a member of the Republican Party. The Democrats used the Russian interference campaign to try delegitimize the Trump presidency in the eyes of the public.

Imagine politicians trying to discredit and tarnish the reputation of the opposition! You wouldn't get that kind of carry on here!!

Imagine politicians trying to discredit and tarnish the reputation of the opposition! You wouldn't get that kind of carry on here!!

Of course, it happens all the time. But unless there is any real substance to it, then it all it does is play into the hands of the 'fake news' mantra.

Which you seem to be consuming enthusiastically!

??? What fake news have I been consuming?
For the avoidance of doubt, this is substance of my initial comment this morning

there is definitely a broader GOP aspect to this fraud allegations other than a Trump diatribe

Are you suggesting that the Attorney General, Bill Barr, authorisation of an investigation in alleged voter fraud isn't happening?

Russian meddling allegations are proven

I never said they were not. I said the Democrats tried to use such meddling to delegitimise Trumps presidency in the eyes of the public.
Are you suggesting they did not?

Trump's electoral fraud claims are unproven.

I know, I never suggested otherwise.

Are you suggesting that the Attorney General, Bill Barr, authorisation of an investigation in alleged voter fraud isn't happening?

Are you suggesting the existence of evidence of the mass forgery or tempering of potentially 10s of millions of postal votes? Or do you think Barr is impartial?

Are you suggesting the existence of evidence of the mass forgery or tempering of potentially 10s of millions of postal votes?

No, are you?

Or do you think Barr is impartial?

No, do you?

Now I have answered your questions, may you answer mine?

Depending on your answer, you may then agree or not with the substance of my initial comment this morning?

there is definitely a broader GOP aspect to this fraud allegations other than a Trump diatribe.

I beg your pardon?
Try sticking to what I said instead of indulging fallacious interpretations of what I said.
I didn't interpret anything. I just got the popcorn and got comfortable on the sidelines knowing that I've been that soldier.

Now I have answered your questions, may you answer mine?

This question?

Then no, I didn't suggest that isn't happening. To be clear, he has instructed U.S. Attorneys to investigate "if there are clear and apparently-credible allegations of irregularities that, if true, could potentially impact the outcome of a federal election in an individual State”.

So far no one has come forward to suggest there is any such evidence to support an investigation in any of the states. The Trump campaign have lodged multiple lawsuits alleging fraud, but to date, none of them have supplied any evidence to back up such claims. An unusual move if they actually have anything credible. A phone line they set up encouraging the public to tip them off to cases of fraud so far has only recorded people mocking them.

Depending on your answer, you may then agree or not with the substance of my initial comment this morning?

Let's clear that up. No I don't agree with you, the noise seems to be coming from a small faction of Trump loyalists, others in the party seem to be backing slowly away.

Back