trump for president good/bad for ireland

You do realise Islam is not a race ?
Strictly speaking there is no such thing as race at all but we use the phrase in a broad sense when talking about bigotry aimed at a group which can be loosely lumped together on ethnic grounds. Did you read the link I posted?

Strictly speaking there is no such thing as race at all but we use the phrase in a broad sense when talking about bigotry aimed at a group which can be loosely lumped together on ethnic grounds. Did you read the link I posted?

So you agree that Islam is not a race,therefore to accuse Trump of being a racist for banning all immigration from seven countries,including non-Muslim citizens,is factually wrong.
Likewise Mexico.It isn't a race either.
You see what happens when you blithely chuck out an insult that someone is racist ?
There hasn't been a single suggestion that Trump has issued any racist statement or action since he became President and that is what he should be judged on.

He has talked about banning Muslims from the USA. He has described Mexicans as rapists.
Here is a list someone else put together.

Islam is a religion, not a race.

People are created, by God or nature as you prefer, they don't choose their gender, their race, their sexuality. That deserves respect at a fundamental level.

People choose their religion, while good manners suggests some respect for that, it really does depend on what it is they choose to believe. Sacrificing Albinos for example is a religious belief that I don't respect. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/15/albinos-targeted-human-sacrifice-tanzania-groups-s/. Religions which believe homosexuals should be killed I dont respect.Religions which teach that women have no role in the public sphere I don't respect.

In fact I don't really respect anyone that believes the wishes of supernatural powers should have a role in forming public policy.

So you agree that Islam is not a race,therefore to accuse Trump of being a racist for banning all immigration from seven countries,including non-Muslim citizens,is factually wrong.
Likewise Mexico.It isn't a race either.
You see what happens when you blithely chuck out an insult that someone is racist ?
There hasn't been a single suggestion that Trump has issued any racist statement or action since he became President and that is what he should be judged on.
You haven't read the link so.

We all realised that Trumpery and Brexitery shared similar deplorable traits but I didn't think they were so joined at the hip as is exemplified by Wahaay. She positively thinks the sun, moon and the stars...:cool:

You haven't read the link so.

I have actually but not a single word supports your claim that President Trump is a racist.
Someone's opinion published online doesn't make it a fact.
But the surprisingly large number of Hispanics and Blacks who voted for Trump is.

I have actually but not a single word supports your claim that President Trump is a racist.
Someone's opinion published online doesn't make it a fact.
But the surprisingly large number of Hispanics and Blacks who voted for Trump is.
If he's not a racist and doesn't make racist comments then why is it surprising that so many Hispanics and Blacks voted for him?

Hi Wahaay,

How would you describe someone who discriminates people based on the country they come from?

Firefly.
And what religion they are, don't forget that.
In fairness he's not ageist; he'll go for women much younger than him. Did I say women? Sorry, I meant girls.

Wordplay is dangerous.

We can blithely call Mr Trump (rascist) (Xenophobic) and indeed I don,t think it unfair to see his verbiage as trending that way.
That said , he is much more than that , he seems to view non-americans, as lesser people , and that these non-americans need to know their place ;
maybe I am wrong, because I do not want to be correct !.

When threads are closed because moderators disagree with posters then forums simply become echo chambers.
I'm off where stimulating debate is tolerated.
See you.

Wahaay,

Maybe the (echo chamber) is in your presentation?
Like Mr Trump your postings appear to have had too much (look what the opposition have done ) etc to semi-justify things.
Debate is not a tit for tat argument eg in N Ire that type of stupidity still rears its head !

Mr Trump , seems to be managing to rile too many people ,and presents his views too aggressively and appears to take dissenting views as a threat , and seems to take dissenters as enemies . Hope I am wrong .

When threads are closed because moderators disagree with posters then forums simply become echo chambers.
See you.

I've been posting here for quite a while. In all of that time I have never seen a thread closed where stimulating debate is taking place.

See you.

If that were the case you'd probably only have about 10 posts here.

What you were engaged in in the now closed threads was a long way off stimulating debate, and merely trolling at the point they were closed. For debate to be effective, parties must be prepared to acknowledge when proven wrong, not simply try to deflect from the fact through misdirection and baseless accusations.

LoS & STB forums only exist to allow those who make meaningful contributions to AAM a means of occasional relief from the core business of the site. They are not intended as a platform for anyone to put across their points of view, and certainly not those who wish to engage in trolling.

i don't want my thread closed so i am going to throw your debate off the rails for a while
what is the ratio of supreme judges Republicans /democrats and what ratio does it take to get new laws passed ?

Back