TRR payments for pre 1995 nurse

oldschoolnurse

New Member
Messages
1
Hi ,Can anyone please clarify re top up model for TRR for pre 95 D1 stamp employees. Management are telling me that I will get 37.5 % payment, and top up may be applied for when I return to work. This makes no sense to me whatsoever as I could be out for a long time as my back is literally in bits. Its also a joke now in HSE re CIP, you have to be at deaths door to even be considered !!
 
I know little about the details of the HSE sick-pay arrangements but looking at this page, what you say seems to be correct. https://healthservice.hse.ie/staff/leave/sick-leave/ It does strike me as odd that you have to be back to work before receiving the top-up payment. I can only suggest that you discuss your particular circumstances with your union, as they should be more familiar with this in practice.
 
This is not the first time I've come across a nurse having problems with his/her back (usually. I don't know the full story here, but it appears @oldschoolnurse has a serious condition which going forward will have to be monitored carefully. Unions generally don't get involved in subjects such as this when the advice of a qualified doctor is paramount.

If the OP intends returning to work, I reckon the way to go is to apply for lighter duties. This might not be acceptable to the OP or management, but I think it's worth a shot in the circumstances.
 
Unions generally don't get involved in subjects such as this when the advice of a qualified doctor is paramount.

Sorry - I may not have worded my suggestion too clearly. I suggested talking to her union largely as they would presumably have people on board who would be very familiar with the ins and outs of the sick-leave schemes and would therefore be well placed to answer her questions about it.
 
Back
Top