TRR payment

Mam1996

Hi all, after almost exhausting my critical illness protocol I am applying to move on to TRR payment soon. Hopefully it will be sanctioned. If so can I ask how it works? I understand that it's pension rate of pay but seeing as I'm receiving illness benefit is this deducted or will I get illness benefit aswell as TRR? Such a stressful situation on top of being sick, my HR are no use to me, was on no pay for 4 months as they didn't have time to process my critical illness protocol and due to the nature of my illness I have been refused salary protection.

I don't know if they help you but there are a few existing threads on TRR here that you can find by searching.

If I remember correctly, you still get illness benefit and it won't affect it. If you have income protection insurance, they'll deduct trr from their payments to you. By the way, your income protection will most likely say you're not covered no matter what. Request a review of their decision and they usually will agree then if you can get your gp to write something in your favour.

You need to fight for your rights unfortunately but I would highly suggest keeping a really detailed list of every time you have contacted HR, their response and response times. Further down the line you might find this will come in useful!

Back