Trouble with neighbours

G

grif

I moved in to my property 8 years ago, the property is in the heart of the country side, the place that I bought was next to a disused farm, 3 years ago we had new neighbours move in next door, and since then we have had nothing but trouble with them, e.g.
  • they got them self’s a couple of cockerels and housed them in a shed next to our property, we asked them to move them, they did not until we get the council to get them to move the cockerels down the field.
  • They built a barn with out planning permission, blocking out quite a lot of our views, we complained to the council, the council aloud them to keep it but told them that they had to cover the view of the barn by trees along the line of the barn, instead they planted a line of trees along a line 15 feet from our back fence blocking out even more of our views.
  • With all the room they have they pile old timber, empty pig houses and machines between the trees and our fence, when I asked the council I was told its there field and they can do what ever they like.
  • Now they have built another barn again with out planning permission, the council said it was an over site on my neighbours part as they did not know that they needed planning permission.
What I need to know is, is there anything I can do as the value of my property is going down as a result of there actions, the feed back from the agents is that potential buyers do not wish to live next to the mess and a couple of unhelpful people.

This is an Irish Consumer Finance website and it is unlikely that you would get any advice relating to the law as it pertains in England here.

Having said that it appears to me that your neighbours are free to conduct agricultural activities (raising chickens and pigs) on their own property in the heart of the country side!

Back