Trip to Newry - shopping

The savings are not as good as they were at Christmas when the exchange rate you got in the bank was about 1.08

Prices have gone up in NI and they've come down in the south. With the exchange rate now at about 1.23 in the banks the difference in price is less than 10% in most cases.

Sainsbury in newry is great. I go once a month up during the week from sth co dublin. Leave the house at 7:30am and get into quays car park at 9:15am.

Bear in mind that Lisburn is another 50 kms up the road - 100kms in total round trip. On top of a busy day's shopping that's an extra hours driving and don't think it's really worth it.

Have to disagree here!!! The trip to Newry is great for people who can go during the week but not for people who have to wait until the weekend! Last time I was up in Newry, the queues weren't that bad but the shelves are practiaclly empty, even though I was there at 10am!!

Anyone going on a Saturday, I would definitely recommend going that bit further. As I said in a previous post, the Sainsburys is much bigger and cleaner and less stressful, and shelves are fully stocked!! In my opinion that is certainly worth the extra 100kms!!

Have to disagree here!!! The trip to Newry is great for people who can go during the week but not for people who have to wait until the weekend!

Disagree with what? I was saying that I find going up during the week great, however I realise there are people who need to wait until the weekend, that's their issue.

If you are going up during the week from dublin and get there early then sainsbury newry is fine!

The savings are not as good as they were at Christmas when the exchange rate you got in the bank was about 1.08

Prices have gone up in NI and they've come down in the south. With the exchange rate now at about 1.23 in the banks the difference in price is less than 10% in most cases.

Have to agree, the savings are not as good as they were. I will definatly be supporting my local business now that the price differences have narrowed.

Back