Trip to Manchester

themetunegal

Hello,

Going to be spending a couple of days in Manchester in June and looking for a nice hotel (at least 4*) with parking. Anyone have any good recommendations?

Have done a trawl of tripadvisor and Velvet Hotel looks nice but I'm slightly uncertain re it's location (Canal St) and its reputation for being a party street?

Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Update: Just spoke to a colleague who advised that Velvet Hotel is in the Manchester equivalent of Temple Bar so that rules that out! Would like to stay city centre (minus temple bar!).

Thanks

Radisson Edwardian is beautiful. Nice atmosphere, great service...Stayed there Monday night, love it! Not positive about the parking situation there though. It is so central there are sure to be public car parks closeby.

Thanks Lauren, that's great. Have just checked and its pricey for the nights we want to stay there but good as a back up!

Thanks.

It's coming up as €160 per night. Slightly wide of hoped for price range. It may be that it'll come down in price closer to the time.

Parking can be a bit of a bother at hotels in Manchester. A lot of them seem to have deals with public car parks rather than having their own. The Radisson is a real treat of a hotel to stay in and it is close to Deansgate so you are centrally located - breakfast excellent, rooms tasteful and relaxing. The Crowne Plaza is close to the Arndale - nice modern decor though very dark in the rooms because of the combination of low levels of lighting and dark walls. A bit understaffed though - don't ever order room service there (terrible and slow) and the breakfast is only okay. Parking in the nearby public car-park is at a hotel rate, short trek from the hotel. The Marriott Victoria & Albert is also nice and central, by report a very nice hotel with excellent staff but I haven't stayed there. The Renaissance is only a three star so probably not what you are looking for. Rooms are large but the decor is quite dated. Parking is in the NCP next door. Staff are excellent though. I haven't stayed there in the last couple of years but I'd be inclined to say avoid the Ramada Jarvis - I absolutely hated it.

Last edited:
Thanks for that really helpful info so-crates. Will check into it and update how I get on. Appreciate the feedback.

I stayed in the Ramada in Manchester afew years ago, would highly recommend it, beautiful rooms and food and really central. Not sure about the parking.. I think it may be pay parking which may put you off...

Stayed in the Sachas Hotel which is a Britannia group in Manchester last year. Central and cheap but not great, outdated and rooms with no windows is always a bad start.

Back