Trip to Galway & Kilkenny: recently updated TomTom SatNav fails recognise new Mways.

Is there anywhere you can purchase maps which would be guaranteed to be 98% accurate (say) up to Dec 2010 (say)?

As an aside I have tried to let Garmin, TomTom, Google Maps etc know about glaring errors in their base mapping ( in my locality) but with out success.

I doubt that's possible AJ. Navteq, who provide the mapping data for Garmin and some others, offer no guarantees as to the accuracy of their data, and are pretty careful about protecting themselves from liability in that area.
Leo

I too had the same issues with a Garmin - it would take 10 minutes to find a satelite then it would not recognise any new roads developed within the last few years.

Advice: anyone with an iPhone should download the following GPS FREE App: NavFree UK & ROI. This is by far the best App I have as it loads instantly, accesses Google Maps for addresses not found using the host records, can send email/ SMS to others with your current location which when opened will automatically bring other user to your current location (assuming they too have the App installed)

Back