Travel - would you go?

But are the ones available to us at 80% ?
And 80% is only achievable when those carrying out the tests are clinically trained. That just refers to missed positive cases, as the rate of prevalence drops in the community, any test with a specificity below 100% gives you a higher false-positive rate. If you reach a point where prevalence is at .1%, with a 98% specifity test most of the positives are false.

No Joe that is not the biggest issue, not by a long shot. There are many bigger issues, one of which are the selfish me feiners who engage in non essential travel for their own gratification and to hell with the rest of us.
In terms of foreign travel I was talking about, of course there are bigger issues. To insult people as "selfish me feiners" just because we are being critical of these unique Irish restrictions is over the top. Surely the emphasis should be on people entering the country not leaving, after all when Irish people were being fined for wanting to travel to relatively safe European destinations, Indian people were able to enter the country without having to enter mandatory hotel quarantine. That's why I am ridiculing these particular restrictions .

To insult people as "selfish me feiners" just because we are being critical of these unique Irish restrictions is over the top
I would ask you to read my post again - I think it is quite clear who I was targeting with that label.

Why is just about every other country in the EU, the USA and the UK opening up air travel using rapid antigen testing but we are not?
What does Tony & Co. know that everyone else doesn't?
That the eventual enquiry in to what happened in Care Homes will reflect badly on those who didn't embrace Antigen testing, which undoubtedly imo, would have saved lives had they been extensively used.

I assume at this stage that the "government" have the machines, paper, ink, software ready to go for our vaccination passports?

They have had plenty of notice.

I assume at this stage that the "government" have the machines, paper, ink, software ready to go for our vaccination passports?

They have had plenty of notice.
They are in the main are going to be digital, so the need for ink etc will be minimal.

Got my second jab yesterday. Over the last year and half I hadn't thought about going away but now I'm thinking of taking the car over to Europe and just travelling. So from the 19th July I can do this?

I got my second jab yesterday too , no reaction , and as much as I would want to travel I think I will staycation this year and leave travel until next year. There is too much uncertainty in Europe still .
Plus I'd rather not have to deal with all the hassle of distancing, masks, regulations, red tape etc in a foreign language while on a 'relaxing' holiday.
Staycation seems like less hassle all round, if only the nice weather would continue...

Got my second jab yesterday. Over the last year and half I hadn't thought about going away but now I'm thinking of taking the car over to Europe and just travelling. So from the 19th July I can do this?
Along with the above you'd need to bear in mind that restrictions are still somewhat fluid throughout Europe, and subject to change at short notice. You'd need to keep an eye on the news in case the imposition of further delta variant restrictions meant you had to make a dash to get home or get stuck for a time.

Watching the Tour de France on TG4 at the moment. I notice that most of the spectators are grouped together outside watching the race and NOT wearing masks.

Drive on Dude.....we are thinking the same, she hasn't had a break and shes now having to take her annual leave in pay .......last years

I see the government now dithering about actually rolling out the eu digital passport on July 19. They were trying to blame the hse computer system which is false because it's a different computer system and the vaccine rollout was thankfully unaffected by it. They are doing untold damage to Ireland's reputation when we are the last country in Europe to introduce this and now trying to use IT incompetence as the reason even though we are the home of the US IT sector in Europe. They are basically admitting to the rest of Europe that the Irish state sector is plain incompetent and now don't care if it means delaying introducing the passport

Am I right in saying that citizens of other countries who hold an EU digital passport can fly in to Ireland, have a holiday and then fly home again? But Irish citizens cannot fly to an EU country for a holiday......... and risk being stopped by the Garda at Dublin airport and fined if they attempt to do this?