Travel Insurance

jasconius

Am thinking about booking a week in Europe somewhere online

Can I buy Travel Insurance separately to cover health or other reasons for cancellation?

Yes - Check other threads for numerous sources of travel insurance. Check the terms & conditions to ensure you are getting the cancellation coverage you require.

This may be true, but cheaper is not always better.
You must look at the fine print and understand what is covered and all the cavets that can be actioned against any particular claim.
Just shop around and pick the best cover for the type of break/trip you are going on.
Age, medical history, destination and likely holiday activities (sitting by the pool or skiing) should all be taken into account.

Ace are used by aib, if you buy with aib you pay an extra couple of euro for the same policy.

I personally would not recommend ACE if you are interested in obtaining good baggage cover in the event of luggage going missing. Our luggage went walkabout for 4 days en route to Bangkok last year and ACE only pay €130 regardless of what you have spent to cover the neccessary items and regardless of how long the luggage is delayed for.

I personally would not recommend ACE if you are interested in obtaining good baggage cover in the event of luggage going missing. Our luggage went walkabout for 4 days en route to Bangkok last year and ACE only pay €130 regardless of what you have spent to cover the neccessary items and regardless of how long the luggage is delayed for.
That doesn't seem to tally with the benefits summary [broken link removed].

I had a recent excellent claim experience with VHI (agents for Europ). At €49 for a multi trip worldwide individual annual policy its great value.

115 Euro for one Year -must book online with AA Ireland -No Age Limit -yes you heard right -anybody beat this?

115 Euro for one Year -must book online with AA Ireland -No Age Limit -yes you heard right -anybody beat this?
Depending on your age you can get a lot cheaper than that but when I was shopping for annual worldwide multitrip cover for my 76 year old mother AA was the best that I could get. It was hard enough to get anybody to cover an over 75 online at all! As far as I can see it's probably one of the best deals for 75+ and maybe even 69/65+.

Yes thanks for that comment ClubMan -my Mother is 75 and is happy with it.

Depending on your age you can get a lot cheaper than that but when I was shopping for annual worldwide multitrip cover for my 76 year old mother AA was the best that I could get. It was hard enough to get anybody to cover an over 75 online at all! As far as I can see it's probably one of the best deals for 75+ and maybe even 69/65+.

-My Mother received her policy renewal (AA Insurance) and if its paid by renewal date (28 Jan 07) she will get a €20 reduction so it will work out at €95 for the year. She is 75 years old. Anybody have opinions as to another company that would beat this price?

"Free" worldwide travel insurance for self and wife comes with my bank account with Lloyds TSB here in England. Cover continues up to, but excluding, the age of 80.

Don't banks in Ireland do similar offers?

"Free" worldwide travel insurance for self and wife comes with my bank account with Lloyds TSB here in England. Cover continues up to, but excluding, the age of 80.

Don't banks in Ireland do similar offers?

- No most of the offers with banks here are for Students.

Back