Travel Insurance over 80s - recommendations?

SquireDanaher

Hello all

My 82 YO father is traveling to the US in November for a two week visit and wants to arrange travel insurance (preferably multitrip).

Would any forum member have a recommendation for a provider? Several of the options coming up from a web search offer cover up to the mid 70s only.

I did go through the An Post website and the quote was c. €480 for single trip and c. €650 for annual multitrip. Obviously, that is a high premium.

He has VHI health insurance, but he is informed that he is not covered by them for a trip to the US

Thanks.

I did go through the An Post website and the quote was c. €480 for single trip and c. €650 for annual multitrip. Obviously, that is a high premium.
Those are high premiums but it is worth it for peace of mind alone. I would not set foot in the US without travel insurance. I was unlucky enough to spend a couple of hours in an A&E there for something fairly minor a decade ago. The bill was over €4,000 and prices have gone way up since then. It was covered by the travel insurance so I paid nothing.

Thanks all for the good tips, Ill investigate some of those the coming week. The VHI would be the first port of call, known entity and all that.

Just for info for anyone else looking into this topic, from memory there was a €500 excess on the An Post insurance policy, for health expense claims.

Back