travel insurance for private flying?

Bluebeard

Sometimes I make trips where I can fly myself out of the country. Until now I have had a UK-issued travel insurance that did not have the normal exclusion of non-scheduled aviation. Due to Brexit this can't be renewed, even though the insurance company involved was German. Enquiries of Irish brokers have not yielded any results. Enquiries in France and Germany resulted in my being told that such policies are available, but only to French and German residents respectively.

Any ideas as to how an Irish resident might get such a travel policy?

Only place I have seen cover from non-scheduled aviation is on corporate travel policies. Are you flying the plane yourself or on private transport?

Interesting!.I also hold a private pilots licence and sometimes hire a Cessna 172 or a Piper Warrior[In Spain] for touring in Spain. I am irish citizen.As far as i know irish travel insurance does not cover this as they class it as dangerous for some strange reason?.so i always make sure that the aeroclub that i hire the plane from has me covered adequately for a small additional fee and of course themselves also.

Back