Travel insurance for 78 yr old to USA

lyonsie

I am looking for travel insurance for my mother who is 78 years old to go to USA.
Not too much a problem to get 30/31 days even though the price is fairly high but ideally she would like to go for longer as it is her grandaughters wedding she is going to attend.
Anyone got any ideas?
She doesnt have private health insurance but also doesnt have any serious health issues.

Hi,
I'm in no way an expert, so you'd need to verify the following yourself, but I think .....
I haven't looked into it for a while, but there are insurance policies which, broadly speaking, I think they term 'backpacker' policies. They are designed for, as you might guess, backpackers doing a few months/a year of travelling. I'm not sure if they are open to all ages, you'd need to look into that (perhaps they legally have to be?).
There is a company, World Nomads, they do these kind of policies. Have never used them, don't know much about them, but it might be a starting point.

Hope this helps and hope she enjoys the wedding!
Cormac

I see a company advertising for any age,any condition and any country. It’s called Allclear travel Ireland and you can get an online quote. Don’t know anything about them but they may be worth a try.

I see a company advertising for any age,any condition and any country. It’s called Allclear travel Ireland and you can get an online quote. Don’t know anything about them but they may be worth a try.
Their policy contains the same limitations as OP has issue with:

"For travellers up to the age of 70 years, the
maximum trip duration of any one trip is 45 days.
For those aged 70 years and over, the maximum trip duration of any one trip is 31 days."

I am looking for travel insurance for my mother who is 78 years old to go to USA.
Not too much a problem to get 30/31 days even though the price is fairly high but ideally she would like to go for longer as it is her grandaughters wedding she is going to attend.
Anyone got any ideas?
She doesnt have private health insurance but also doesnt have any serious health issues.
This link from Age Action may assist you for more research https://www.ageaction.ie/sites/defa...mation_note_on_travel_insurance_providers.pdf

Back