travel Insurance deposit cover

fernrock

I have multi trip Europe only travel insurance due to expire in Jan next.

I have recently booked and paid a deposit for a holiday for next June for outside Europe.
The company say I am not covered for cancellation between now and policy expiry date because the holiday takes place beyond that date.

Are they correct ?

I have multi trip Europe only travel insurance due to expire in Jan next.

I have recently booked and paid a deposit for a holiday for next June for outside Europe.
The company say I am not covered for cancellation between now and policy expiry date because the holiday takes place beyond that date.

Are they correct ?

I'm sure they are, not least, as I would think there are others, for the reason I've highlighted in your quote above.
I can't, for the life of me, imagine why you think you would be covered ?

Personally I can't see see why inside or out Europe should make a difference at this stage, as it is only the deposit that is involved .
The deposit amount would be paid for any trip inside or outside europe, and, by the time full payment is paid and, travel takes place a new worldwide policy will be in force.

My concern is, as the travel does not take place until after the expiry of the current policy, would the current policy cover loss of deposit in the event of cancellation for any reason covered by this policy.

I would imagine T&C's change also, ie. Euope ONLY to outside Europe........

Worth checking.

Re:- QUOTE>> "Personally I can't see see why inside or out Europe should make a difference at this stage......."

WHY?, because the terms have changed, that's why.
At the end of the day you changed what you originally bought into and are now looking for the supplier to fulfill something outside
the product purchased.

However it all seems academic now, so well done on the outcome.

Back