Transferring to VIVAS from VHI (existing conditions) (Irish residency)

annamac1

iIf a long term VHI customer transfers to VIVAS what is the position vis a vis existing medical conditions?

I heard that VIVAS will cover 90% of costs for medical treatment abroad.

Is cover dependent on being resident in Ireland?

Any other reasons for moving to VIVAS.
Thanks,
Annamac

what ever time you have spent with one insurer will transfer with you. if you have passed your 5 years for the pre-existing conditions with vhi, then your 5 years is up.... if the plan with vivas is a higher level plan, then may be extra waiting periods.. e.g. if you change from a plan that covers only public hospitals to private hospitals you would have an extra waiting period.....
as afar as residency in ireland, you have to be resident in ireland 6 months of the year...

about the treatment abroad ? are you going specificaly abroad for treatment ?? is it not available here in ireland ?

no, just thinking about possible future treatments e.g. if staying elsewhere for a few months (although still resident here in Ireland for 6 months yearly) and some continuing follow-up hospital treatment become necessary e.g. in the case of cancer, what is the position then?

If you are transferring to VIVAS they are running a special on the 26th of this month, children half price, one day only.

Sounds good. I need a few to mine some diamonds and sew some leather footballs for me.

Back