transferring money

Barnes

I've never done this before, I want to transfer money to an account number in France as I'm renting a holiday home over there.

Is it just as simple as getting the owners account and going into the bank and transferring it.

thanks,

Kevin

If you get their IBAN and Swift/BIC codes, yes — and the bank can only charge the same as for a 'domestic' transfer (on sums up to €50K).

Dr. Moriarty

Do you know if EBS would also offer this service - or is it limited to the banks. I too need to transfer money to a French Bank Account & am unsure as to which is the best way to do so. I have the Frenach bank account details.

Tnx

valc

I don't know whether EBS do, but when I wanted them to transfer some money to my Bank of Ireland account by electronic transfer, they said they couldn't and had to give me a cheque which I then lodged in the bank branch next door!

Presumably if they can't do transfers to Irish banks then foreign banks are off limits too.

Must admit I was very surprised, but didn't insist as my bank branch was next door - well, next door but one.

Back