Transferring money into foreign account using internet

shipibo

A Chairde,

Do you know any banks with internet access that allows you to transfer money into foreign bank account ??

I tried to "add a payee" with Ulsterbank account, but it would not allow me to add the IBAN code , I rang their helpline and was told I would have to go to the branch to do this ......

Is this normal ??

I transfer money to foreign bank accounts from my account with National Irish Bank with no problems using internet banking.

You cant do it online with UB, you will have to do it in the branch.

Send your money in euro for free to Oanda.coms Euro account in London. They will send your money for a fixed fee of $20 and about 0.1% on the spot rate, forget the banks they are gougers.

Example €20000
BOI charge 1.5% (probably more) on the spot rate = €300

Oanda charge 0.1% = €30 + $20 (€14.5)= €44.50

Saving of €255.

crumdub12, you did not say whether it's going to an EU country or a third country.
EU transactions should not cost any more than domestic transactions. Same with SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) countries (since 2009 I think)

Thank you very much for all your prompt responses ,

I will check out options outline, especially OANDA ..

Chook,

Only caught up with thread now.

Its IN EU .. Thanks for the heads up ..

Send your money in euro for free to Oanda.coms Euro account in London. They will send your money for a fixed fee of $20 and about 0.1% on the spot rate, forget the banks they are gougers.

Example €20000

Saving of €255.

If you are sending a euro payment within the EU your bank cannot charge you any more than they charge you for a domestic credit transfer. It will be more expensive if you want same day value. There is no % charge for sending a Euro payment with BIC and IBAN within the EU. The charging principle for Euro payments is that the sender pays his charges and the beneficiary pays his charges.

Example €20000

Saving of €255.

Can't rem the Max charge off the top of my head for BOI but it's nowhere near €300!! It's not far off the €45 mark to transfer in a different currency.
Euro transfers under €50k have no charge.
I'm referring to in branch transfers here as there is a limit to the amount that can be transferred online.

Just to update

Ulsterbank will transfer monies to European Bank account for .51 EUR ( 51 cent), if you are willing to wait for two days, and have the IBAN and BIC number.

I will confirm low cost when money is transferred.

BOI would charge approx 1.5%
oanda would charge the same, no way on earth they charge .1 of a %

Back