Transferring money internationally with XETrade

Ive used currency.ie and it was next day transfer so guess it depends on what time you transfer. Currency.ie is Irish owned, xetrade is customhouse which is Canadian, nothing to do with one another.

Currency.ie may waive any ancillary wire/transfer fees if you are doing regular transactions with them. I will probably be doing a transfer every 6 months and they waived such fees for me. I found them much easier to deal with in terms of getting the account set up/activated and in terms of answering several technical questions that I had about the process/service. The rate they offered me was also better than that offered by XEtrade. If I was asked to choose recommend between currency.ie and XEtrade I would choose the former.

Do currency.ie allow you to make transfers online? XE.com's demo looks great on the face of it, you can arrange everything at the touch of a button, whereas I don't fancy having to ring up everytime I want to make a transfer.

Do currency.ie allow you to make transfers online? XE.com's demo looks great on the face of it, you can arrange everything at the touch of a button, whereas I don't fancy having to ring up everytime I want to make a transfer.

Currency.ie allows you to fill out a web form, call them or do it via chat if you do it regulary to the same account.

It all comes down to speed. If you need it next day (after they receive the money) currency.ie wins, if you don't need speed (3-4 days) than xe.com wins because there is no cost involved as no wire transfers are involved.

I would open an account with xe.com and than ask both providers for their rates when you need to make the transfer, take the quotes and cost (remember wire receiving in US costs also money) and than make the decision.

Remember that after a certain amount of transfer with currency.ie you also need to provide the same paperwork to them as you need with xe.

I use both depending on how fast I want the money over and who offers me a better quote.

It all comes down to speed. If you need it next day (after they receive the money) currency.ie wins, if you don't need speed (3-4 days) than xe.com wins because there is no cost involved as no wire transfers are involved.

Thanks for that. Am all set up with XE now but it looks like wire transfers are the only way I can do anything, as I'm not a US/Can customer?

Good idea to use both for comparison, cheers.

have used both currency.ie and xetrade.

While xe rates look good on their front page their rates are rubbish when you sign up. dont know where you were sending payments but my us payments are faster with currency than xe

Back