Transferring money from Ireland (AIB) to UK (Barclays)

RonanOS

Hi,

I have 30k in my AIB current account which I would like to transfer to my sisters Barclays account.

Can anyone tell me what (if any) fees can occur on this transfer?

If there are fees using this route, is there an alternative which would be recommended?

Appreciate any advice on this one as we want to minimise the cost of the transfer.

Thanks,
Ronan

are you simply transferring €30K or are you converting the UK£ equivalent? If the former, there are minimal fees, if the latter then you have conversion fees, which in my humble opinion are high at the moment. If you are converting, then have a look at currencyfair

Revolut to my knowledge use the mid market rate Monday to Friday. And therefore can’t be beaten? For larger sums you might need to sign up to the premium version for a month which should still work out cheaper than elsewhere?

are you simply transferring €30K or are you converting the UK£ equivalent? If the former, there are minimal fees, if the latter then you have conversion fees, which in my humble opinion are high at the moment. If you are converting, then have a look at currencyfair
Not sure what this means, just transferring the €30k but when she gets it in her account it will be in pounds?

Does your sister have a euro bank account in the UK? If the answer is YES, then the fees will be relatively small.

Does your sister only have a UK£ bank account? If the answer here is YES, the fees including currency conversion charges will be higher, much higher.

Back