Transferring ESB to landlord on moving out

Sipe

Our tenants move out 1 June and we have decided to sell (finally!). However it will take some weeks/months.

I live in europé now and no longer resident in Ireland. Is it possible for me to take over the ESB account without being resident in Ireland? I figure it would be helpful to have power for viewings and for when I go there to clean and prep the place ahead of placing it on the market.

Usually fairly easy. Ask the tenant to close their account with the electricity service provider, the ESB are no longer in that business, now we have a range of "providers"

Then contact the provider of your choice. Probably best to stay with the existing provider, as otherwise you may be asked for a deposit.

Once the tenant informs them he can tell them to contact you. Afaik once you are the landlord and willing to accept the bill it should be no problem transferring it but I have never had to set up a DD from abroad or give a foreign phone number so can't advise. I' m guessing you didn't use an agent to manage the letting for you locally ?

Back