Transferring Contact Numbers From Phone To Phone

Lex Foutish

Santa brought me a Nokia 6700. I have a 6300. I want to transfer all my numbers to the 6700. I have 500 on my SIM (I think) and about 300 on the phone.

Can I put my SIM into the 6700 and transfer the numbers to that phone and then go back and transfer the remaining ones from the 6300 to the SIM and then put that into the 6700? Any danger that I could lose contacts while trying that?

I've tried doing a transfer on Nokia Suite but didn't really get anywhere.

You should be able to copy all your contacts to sim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLG8pNOt7_o

You should not need to have to do anything with them on the new phone as they are already on the sim. The problem though is that their will be alot of duplicate contacts. I am not sure if there is a better way of doing this but there should be !

You should be able to copy all your contacts to sim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLG8pNOt7_o

You should not need to have to do anything with them on the new phone as they are already on the sim. The problem though is that their will be alot of duplicate contacts. I am not sure if there is a better way of doing this but there should be !

Hi Alexandra. I tried that. The SIM will only hold 500. It's the other 300 approx. that I'm trying to transfer. Thanks.

• on the 6300 set contacts to use sim only memory.
  • take note of number of contacts you then have on the sim card (500 seems a bit high)
  • Put your sim card in new phone 6700
  • in contacts copy from sim to phone.
  • on 6700 set phone to show sim contacts only and mark all and delete.
  • You then have a blank sim card to put back in the 6300,
  • change memory in use to phone and copy all to sim card.
  • This second time put sim card back in 6700 and copy contacts to phone. Then show sim contacts only on 6700 and delete the contacts.
  • You will then have only contacts on the phone memory of the new 6700 phone - you should then download/install from disk a product called OVI and make a backup of your phone.

You should probably try this

Old phone : transfer over the numbers that is already on the sim to the new phone - under phone contacts

Sim : delete the numbers on the sim

Old Phone : transfer the numbers from the phone contacts to the sim

New phone : plug in the sim and you should have all numbers.

6700 has a data transfer application on it - its could be called switch actually, can't remember but that will allow you transfer all of your content from your 6300 to your new phone.
Menu, settings, sync and backup will get you to the application.

Just getting back to you to let you know how I got on. I went to the Vodafone store and explained the problem to the assistant. He took my new and old phone and, using bluetooth, he simply transferred the numbers stored on the phone to the new one. I imagine that was something like what MrBlues suggested.

I now have all the numbers on my new phone. Thanks again, guys.

google sync

If I was you, even though you have it working, I woudl use google sync. Basicaly, get a gmail account or a google apps account, and with this you can sync all your contacts to it. Once its done the first time, its automatically done anytime you add/edit/delete a contact on your phone or on your google account, and you never ever have to worry again about contacts. Lose your phone, replace it or upgrade it and simply use google sync to re-sync your contacts.

Other cool/handy bits are it will automatically remove/merge duplicates, and its much easier to edit contacts on a pc and have them automatically update to your handset.

... Menu, settings, sync and backup will get you to the application.
Menu/Tools/Switch to set it up and initiate the transfer of calendars, notes, contact details wirelessly via Bluetooth from old phone to new.

Back