Transfering funds to New Zealand ?

N

NZBound

I'm going to live in New Zealand in the next few months. Innitially have to sort out transfering funds over for bond for a house. Wondering what is the cheapest, quickest, and safest option for transfering monies ?

BOI will wire intenational payment at a charge of .2% of euro value up to max fee of € 36.80. Have also come across Caxton FX on the web. Anyone have experience of using them or can you suggest other options ?

Thanks

Hi NZbound

I live in Australia at the moment and have used www.ozforex.com.au to transfer cash between Aus & NZ and Aus & Ireland in the past. I have found their rates very competitive, especially for larger amounts.
I would recommend the service, although I am not 100% sure you can use it from home (-ie- ireland)
Not a bad time to be buying NZ$ either ;-)

Good luck

After a bit of checking, worked out cheaper and faster to use my new NIB account. Able to transfer funds using on-line banking. Reached account in two days and ended up costing just € 10. I worked out saving of over € 40 on BOI, and avoided having to do journey to bank. I'll check out other suggested option if I need to transfer larger sum when I get there.

Thanks.

Back