Transfer USD from US account into revolut - SWIFT code?

newirishman

Looking at transferring some USD from a US based account into my (free tier) revolut account. (Have a USD account in revolut so no currency exchange required)
Whilst I can get an IBAN etc for revolut, I can't find swift or ABA codes which are required for the US based sender side.
Anyone has done this before and can point me the right direction?

I think the swift code is per bank not per account, e.g. for BOI it's BOFIIE2D.

It's been a few years since I've done it, but I think the IBAN is enough for them even if the staff tell you it's not, in my case I'd keep phoning till I got someone who was familiar with non-US transfers.

The transfer process from the US can be awkward depending on the bank but once it's setup it's fine. Used to take 4-5 days for money to appear.

Personally, I'd transfer to a regular Irish bank first, then transfer to Revolut. That way at least if anything went wrong with the US transfer at least you can phone someone. Alternatively - if fees aren't prohibitive, transfer a test sum e.g. 10 dollars to Revolut to make sure the path works.

Thanks.
Looks like BIC = SWIFT code. ABA code doesn't seem to be required.

Reg Irish bank: sending USD to my BOI account would automatically exchange to EUR I'd assume, at a comparatively bad rate.
Still looking to see if I can directly use currenyfair as the recipient.

I use Wise for transferring USD from the US to here. Wise give you account details for a range of currencies and you can maintain balances in those currencies. You can easily see the necessary US account details for your account in the WISE app. I then setup it as a domestic transfer from the US bank (ETrade) and it worked fine.

Looking at transferring some USD from a US based account into my (free tier) revolut account. (Have a USD account in revolut so no currency exchange required)
Whilst I can get an IBAN etc for revolut, I can't find swift or ABA codes which are required for the US based sender side.
Anyone has done this before and can point me the right direction?
I've done this many times US broker to Revolut, works perfect, no fees at all. Change to euro at your convienience in Revolut thereafter. 1st xfer took about a week, thereafter very fast (3days).

1669916250309.png

Back