Transfer from Paypal in Sterling

Mary17

I was lucky enough to win some cash in a competition held in the UK. The winnings were transferred to my Paypal account. I kept the winnings in Sterling and now wish to transfer them to my Revolut but keep them in Sterling as the exchange rate offered by Paypal is pretty bad. Does anyone know if this is possible? Or is there some other way around it? Thanks in advance.

As far as I can see it is possible. I've just checked my Revolut account, and the GB account has a different account number/sort code to my Euro account. It also states "Use this personal UK currency account to receive your salary, pay bills, and set up direct debits". The details are found under "details" :)
Looks like you get the money in Paypal transferred to this account and it says in Stg.

There are also exchange places like CurrencyFair where you I'm pretty sure you can transfer money in Sterling from your Paypal account, then exchange it to euro (or another currency). I have used this for USD exchanges.
They only charge a transaction fee of €3. You can set an exchange rate for the future or go back and exchange it straightaway.

As far as I can see it is possible. I've just checked my Revolut account, and the GB account has a different account number/sort code to my Euro account. It also states "Use this personal UK currency account to receive your salary, pay bills, and set up direct debits". The details are found under "details" :)
Looks like you get the money in Paypal transferred to this account and it says in Stg.
Hi, thanks for your reply. Just tried it again and it wouldn't let me :(

There are also exchange places like CurrencyFair where you I'm pretty sure you can transfer money in Sterling from your Paypal account, then exchange it to euro (or another currency). I have used this for USD exchanges.
They only charge a transaction fee of €3. You can set an exchange rate for the future or go back and exchange it straightaway.
Thanks, I will check it out.

Depending on the amount, you could face AML queries. Make sure you have documentation from the organisers to verify the legality of the competition and the fact that you won.

Back