Transfer from Davy to DeGiro

boltownes

Hi, is there any difficulty with transferring shares from Davy to Degiro? Can I just instruct Davy to do so? Thanks in advance.

You need to get the two brokers to talk to each other and complete forms in order to do an in specie transfer. If its just shares, it should be fine. If there are funds/ etfs, you'd want to make sure the DeGiro will accept them first. There's a lot of pretty standard funds that they don't accept.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

What do you mean by "transferring shares" ?
Are you transferring fund management work - and any accounts you hold with a current broker - from one broker to another ?

Thank you for replies. Trajan, I have shares in ten different companies with Davy Select in an online account. I would like to move them from Davy. So, I'd like to know the process and any views on how secure the shares will be with DeGiro would be a bonus e.g. Is there any protection if the DeGiro goes bust?
Thanks again

I get it. You use Davy to buy/sell but you call the shots.
Never transferred. Always used BoI (them days they owned Davy and used them always) and the usual forms. Similar thing with Barclays in UK. Cash only, no account experience. You are operating out of my league, so to speak.

Back